Two weeks worth of news in this post! Enjoy!
Philadelphia KOs Parking Tax Cut
Three Great Opinions
- PRN member Ike Brannon Says D.C.’s cheap parking permits are the Achilles’ heel of the Comprehensive Plan
- Claudia Hanson Thiem: Boulder, CO’s Long-awaited parking reforms fall short
- Austin Wu: What if Iowa City devoted less space to parking cars, more for housing people?
Parking Meters & Performance Pricing
- Gas-powered sports cars, SUVs face higher street parking fees under Vancouver’s anti-pollution proposal
- Cycling advocate (and PRN member) believes downtown Penticton, BC paid parking has its purpose and its benefits
- Penticton, BC downtown pay parking evolving after feedback
- Naples, FL confirms results of less visitor parking on the beach
- Parking rates in Wilkes-Barre, PA are going to be reduced: “We’re changing it back to $1 an hour. If we get 80 percent utilization is much better than 30 percent utilization at $2 an hour,” said Mayor George Brown.
- Milwaukee takes serious hit in parking revenue during pandemic
- Record Year Expected For Myrtle Beach Parking Revenue
Costly Parking Mandates
- Death by parking: How minimum parking requirements are a drag on Dallas
- PRN member Nathaniel Barrett’s latest twitter thread on Dallas reforms.
- AB 1401 Ensures CA’s Investments in Housing and Transit Go Further
- Getting Started: Both Minneapolis and St. Paul are considering parking reform
- San Diego Parking Reforms Work for Climate and Small Biz
- Would you trade less parking for lower housing costs? California plan seeks to do just that
- What Happened When Buffalo Changed Its Parking Rules
Street Eats and Open Streets
- Who Gets the Streets Now? by PRN member Henry Grabar
- Most readers would give up parking in Boston. Here’s why.
- How New York, London and Paris Can Become ‘Car-Free Megacities’
- Miami programs target uses of curb space other than parking
- Rome’s Pandemic Recovery Sparks a Fight Between Cafes and Cars
- Copenhagen removes parking spaces in city centre trial
Cities Building More Parking Garages
- Bozeman plans to address downtown parking, transportation issues
- Jefferson City, MO parking talks continue
- City Abruptly Closes Downtown Rochester Parking Ramp
- Vancouver, BC It’s a Green City — Except for All the Parking
- Funding for Wynn Hospital Parking Garage Called into Question
- Jersey City Adopts Plan to Bring Mixed-Use Parking Facility to Central Avenue
Odds and Ends
- Cornwall parking space sells for record-breaking sum as G7 summit lures buyers
- Paying a premium for parking in Bullhead City, AZ
- It’s City vs. Delivery Vans, and the Vans Are Winning
- Why data sharing and parking enforcement are key to the EV revolution