Mapped by Angel York
The Parking Reform Network held a fantastic event for our members on April 21st. You can watch the recording and hear about the parking reform efforts of 30 PRN members, just a fraction of the great work we know is happening. The featured speakers start their short talks about 25 minutes into the video. Enjoy!
Minimum Car Parking Requirements
- UCLA Professor Michael Manville posted a scathing, and well cited, thread on twitter expressing his disappointment in the California chapter of the American Planning Association’s reluctance to wholeheartedly support ending costly parking mandates near transit.
- PRN member Nathaniel Barrett has more coverage of Dallas, TX’s process to reform parking rules.
- ‘Tremendously overparked’ San Jose, CA looks to shed decades-old parking requirements
- Minneapolis, MN Planning Commission approves a parking requirement change that may impact future developments around the University
- Opinion – Gainesville, FL should abolish parking minimums
- Norman, OK Councilors look to shrink parking lots
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Fullerton, CA will start enforcing parking regulations on street where homeless live in RVs
- Opinion – The ‘New Redlining’ Is Deciding Who Lives in Your Neighborhood
- Wilmington, DE towing revenue, parking enforcement systems called into question
- Madison, WI City Council narrowly votes to move parking enforcement out of police department
- Parking lots housing Phoenix AZ’s homeless population to close
- The Original Shoupista Reflects on 25 Years
- Deals Lag As Market Looks for Value of Parking Garages During Pandemic
- Surrendering Our Cities to Cars Would Be a Historic Blunder
- It’s car vs car on the central Auckland, NZ street where parking is free
- Prototype “walk” Neighbourhood in Hong Kong Has Become Free Parking Lot
- Columbia, MO City Council votes to use downtown parking spaces for outdoor dining
- Nashville, TN airport increases parking prices
- Condo car elevator raises (and lowers) the bar for parking in Portland, ME
- Double Portsmouth, NH’s parking fines? Public invited to share opinions.
- Council on Kansas State University Parking Operations proposes 10 percent increase in parking permit rate for upcoming year
- New Orleans, LA city leaders want more ‘transit-oriented’ neighborhoods; Here’s what that means
- Anticipated ‘car-free’ development in Tempe, AZ moves forward
- 2 Minnesota projects are models for ‘retrofitting suburbia’
- Pismo Beach, CA city officials explain reasoning behind parking fees