Mapped by Angel York
In case you missed it…
Our recent webinar, How We Won Parking Cashout for Washington, D.C., and How You Can Too! went really well and was very informative. You can watch the video below. Thanks so much to Cheryl Cort for joining us.
- Asphalt Gold: Rethinking the Value of Parking Space | Rail~Volution 2020
- Talk with Donald Shoup about Parking – An interview with a Brazilian activist and Don Shoup, the video comments provide a very helpful “table of contents” for the interview.
Federal-Level Parking Policy
- The biggest parking news this week has to be the Biden Administration coming out against costly parking mandates for housing!
- President Joe Biden wants you to lift your bans on duplexes, apartments, and car-free homes.
- Joe Biden’s $2 Trillion Jobs Plan Endorses ‘YIMBY Grants’
- Also in federal level parking policy: House Reps introduce bill to address truck parking shortage
- It’s Time To Get Rid Of Parking Tickets And Change How We Manage And Monetize The Curb
- Seattle Has the Space
- Why We Need Embodied Carbon Benchmarks and Targets in Building Standards and Policies: An Open Letter
- Finding success for downtown office space after COVID-19
- Redeveloping the Downtown Carpark in Auckland, New Zealand
- How a parking lot roof was turned into an urban farm in Singapore
- Goldenberg puts up for sale a prime Center City development site in Philadelphia, PA
Park and Rides
- Shelving Parking Plans Would Help Keep ST3 Transit on Schedule in Seattle, WA
- New parking lot opening Wednesday for Lancaster, PA Amtrak users
Open Streets and Seats
- Few mayors expect to keep COVID-inspired changes to public spaces, survey finds
- City dwellers gained more access to public spaces during the pandemic – can they keep it?
- Richmond, VA installing ‘parklets’ to help businesses during pandemic
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Local advocacy group, professors endorse less parking in Connecticut
- Historic Black Lexington church has to spar with city, park over permanent parking
- They Set Aside Money for Their Commutes. Now They Can’t Get It Back.
- Streetsblog takes on placard parking in New York City, NY [<— Angel’s pick this week. Vote in the finals now until April 8]
- The latest thread from PRN member Nathaniel Barrett on Dallas, TX’s Zoning Reforms
- City of Austin, TX looking at ways to improve challenging parking situation on South Congress
- Paid parking proposal in Pacific Beach, CA commercial district faces opposition
- Universal Studios in Orlando, FL Raises Prime Parking to $50, But Is It Worth It?
- Businesses react to paid parking returning in Great Falls, MT