Mapped by Angel York
- This is a brilliant approach to arguments about parking in commercial districts. Peter Schmitt compares the walking distance from remote spots in shopping mall parking lots to how far patrons might walk after parking near a city’s main street.
- Streetsblog interviewed Martha Roskowski, author of How to Accelerate Parking Reform in U.S. Cities.
Minimum Car Parking Requirements
- Turkey’s Ministry of Environment and Urbanization is set to implement costly parking mandates, nationwide.
- Research: Minus Minimums – Development Response to the Removal of Minimum Parking Requirements in Buffalo (NY)
- Car Parking Kills Trees: A redevelopment in San Francisco will keep a redwood tree on the property instead of a parking garage for one of the homes.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Parking while poor? Complex says it tows cars for being unsightly
- Connecticut’s Zoning Laws a Focus in Racial Equity Debate
- What IS de Blasio’s ‘Permanent Open Streets’ Plan Anyway?
- Washington Supreme Court considers case that could impact whether cities can tow cars people live in
- Research: The effects of road pricing on transportation and health equity: a scoping review (paywall)
- Parking requirements (in New Haven, CT) are due for an overhaul
- How might COVID-19 affect regional (Minneapolis & St. Paul, MN) ‘park and ride’ policy?
- Burlington, VT attorney threatens appeal challenging reduced parking for CityPlace
- Self-governed City of Maywood Park, OR at center of Gateway Green parking issue
- Rep. Earl Blumenauer talks E-Bikes, tax credits, and a bit of parking policy on The War on Cars podcast.
- NYT Columnist Jamelle Bouie also talks E-Bikes and a bit of parking policy on the War on Cars podcast.
- “Courtesy Tows” by the Philadelphia Parking Authority create Kafkaesque situations.
- New Haven, CT Parking Authority Endorses Less Parking
- Another installment in the More Housing, Less Parking for Sacramento, CA land-use analysis.
- Boston Properties wants to replace garage parking with office space at Reston Gateway
- Lakefront ‘forever open, clear’ — and metered? Free parking ending in popular Montrose Harbor area
- ‘Surprise’ Plan to Add Metered Parking at Montrose Harbor Has Been Hiding in Plain Sight
- Virginia Beach will use parking money to help build entertainment venue
- Rancho Palos Verdes approves removal of parking spaces on Crenshaw Blvd.
- Parking meters are coming to downtown Dover, DE. What you can expect?
- Penticton, BC adds new parking meters downtown